As most people that follow this blog already know... a lot has happened since our last post in November! We had a beautiful and hope filled Christmas. We are so blessed. Upon returning to Rantoul in the New Year we received word that our Dossier had been reviewed in Colombia and our reviewer had requested additional information. We were a mix of emotion. We were so excited to know that our Dossier had been looked at and was actually on someone's desk and yet disappointed that we would need to procure additional papers and then go through the translation and certification process.
As of right now the papers have been notarized, apostilled, and are on their way to Colombia. I am not sure how long it will take to be translated and reviewed again, but we are hoping to be approved soon. We have discovered through various websites and through our agency that the wait right now seems to be around 2 1/2 to 3 years. I am so glad for the children of Colombia that there are so many people waiting to make them a part of their family that there is actually a wait for the adoptive families. Colombia, despite what many people may think of it, has shown a value for life by outlawing abortion.
In other news I recently attended a workshop for Bilingual teachers in Chicago. I was so pleased that God put another source of hope and inspiration in my path. I met Anna Marie at the conference. I noticed right away how spunky and beautiful she was. She shared that she is Colombian and it took all my strength to keep decorum and not blurt out that my children are in Colombia. I quitely observed her for the better part of a day and was brought to tears of laughter several times by her lively stories. Finally she asked about children and I was able to share the joy of our plans. She was immediately excited as she is not only from Colombia but has friends that have adopted from Colombia. She shared her email with me and told me that when we get our referral we should contact her so her family in Colombia might be able to help us find an apartment and meet us. Over the two days of the conference she continued to share tidbits of information about Colombia and her journey from Colombia to the United States. It was a meeting that made the conference even more worthwhile than just the information from the presentation.
During my stay in Chicago I was able to spend a few hours out and about with my fabulous co-workers/friends Becky and Rachel. Becky, a master navigator, chauffered us to IKEA where I couldn't resist a very adorable plush barn/animal set. I had been eyeing one at Toys R Us but never wanted to spend the money. At IKEA prices I could not resist. The barn folds up nicely and all the animals fit inside. The animals can all be thrown in the washing machine (which I think is a good thing). Morris has been very frusterated because he has been unable to break into the barn. Jason and I had fun playing with it a few times so it must be a good toy.
Soon we will have an "approval date" to celebrate! We'll let everyone know as soon as we do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment