A Blog about our journey to parenthood!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Apostilling in Iowa


Jason and I took my birth certificate and our marriage certificate to be "authenticated" or apostilled in Iowa last Friday. It was actually a lot simpler than the fancy name would have you believe. We went to Des Moines and stopped in to the Secretary of the State's office. The secretary asked us what country the documents would end up in and then took care of the rest. It was ten dollars for 2 documents (by far the cheapest things we've done yet). She basically made a cover letter that stated when, where, and by whom the document was signed. The paper has the seal of Iowa and the "signature" of the secretary of state. I'll be going to Springfield by myself this week to finish the rest of the documents with the secretary of state of Illinois... I wonder if it will go as smoothly?

After that we are stuck waiting for Jason's passport to get here as the final piece of the puzzle. We are so excited to be at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment